Tuesday, January 10, 2012

30 Years....the year of me.

This year I turn 30 years old.  I never really thought about it as being anything special until the end of last year when my wife and her friends starting discussing a possible big 30th celebration.  It got me thinking.  I want to do something big this year.

So, I started planning.  It started off with a trip to Florida and a weeks vacation at Disney World.  We were going to stay on Disney property and everything.  However, that fell through due to family concerns and various other small issues.  Now we are planning on celebrating by getting a box at an Oakland A's game and by spending a few days in Disneyland.

I love planning and I've been doing a lot planning for this.  I've also been working really hard (I recently got a new job).  It got me to thinking about work and time off.  I think this year, I'm going to try really hard to do something fun every weekend (resting is/can be fun too).  I think I need to cut my internet/facebook/tv time and plan to do things/stuff/have fun.

It shouldn't be too hard and I've already got a lot planned for this year.  I've already been able to knock a few things off my ever changing bucket list.  We became Disneyland Annual Passholders this year as well as season ticket holders to the Oakland A's (this last one kinda just happened due to the box deal I'm working out).

I will keep you posted through the year of how it goes.  I'll even create a 30th bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment